A large part of who we are, as a company, involves seeking talent that takes our programs, reviews and technology to the next level. Kris Welch is an industry professional with 20 years experience in the regulatory compliance sector and is the newest member of our compliance team.
Kris has demonstrated dedication to her skill set by earning the Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) and Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) certifications.
Partnering with clients to avoid regulatory violations by way of her guidance is what drives her and what gives her the discipline that it takes to strive in the complex world of compliance.
She has built her career within the regulatory environment because she enjoys the developing landscape. “New payment facilities and platforms are continuing to evolve. At the same time, the regulatory environment is ever changing. A serious lapse in a company’s compliance processes may put our clients at risk to receive significant fines, reputations damaged, business licenses suspended or personally liable.”
Kris’ work experience is extensive as she has established, coordinated and maintained effective compliance programs for financial institutions which resulted in improving their regulatory compliance ratings.
Her broad BSA/AML/OFAC review experience, both domestically and internationally, has commissioned her to work with some of the largest Pay day Lenders, Foreign Exchange Companies (including Bitcoin), Money Transmitters, Check Cashers, Payment Processors and insured financial institutions.
Areas of Expertise
- Reviewing and developing BSA/AML/OFAC and Consumer Compliance Management Programs, Policies and Risk Assessments
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on BSA/AML/OFAC and Consumer Compliance Regulations
- BSA/AML/OFAC Independent Reviews for large Money Transmitters, including complete Remote Deposit Capture Reviews for Large Money Transmitters
- Domestic and International Reviews for bot
- Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering/Office of Foreign Assets Control
- Consumer Compliance
- Risk Management
- Loan Compliance